We will show you how to make candles burn longer, and how to recycle candle tins.
Our concise guide to making the most of your candles - how to maintain them, layer fragrances effectively, and turn empty tins into spaces for tiny life.
Gametee candles are hand poured by artisans in the heartlands of England. Why choose soy wax for candles? Pure, vegan friendly soy wax is a renewable resource, 100% biodegradable, and, unlike paraffin candles, burns cleanly and evenly with no sooty residue. Soy wax is renowned for its ability to hold scent and is not subject to animal testing. Gametee candles are already long-lasting, but by following these simple tips you can ensure you make the most of your purchase.
How To Make Your Candles Last Longer
- Pinch off excess burned wick with your fingers prior to burning. This will prevent any movement in your flame. Try to keep the wick at no longer than 3mm.
- Ensure candle is kept away from drafts. Movement will cause your candle to burn unevenly.
- Keep spent matches and debris away from the wax pool. Debris can cause your flame to flicker and the candle to burn faster.
- Always ensure that you burn your candle for a few hours the first time you light it. The upper wax should be melted completely. Missing this step means that the wax has a 'memory' and you may cause it to burn in a tunnel.
- Replace the lid after burning. Doing so will prevent dust gathering on your candle, which can cause it to burn more rapidly.
Master Candle Mixology
Layering complementary fragrances from two candles can produce incredible depth of scent. Burn two at once for the desired effect - here are our favourite secret recipes.
- ARCANE LIBRARY + ELDRITCH SHRINE = Wizard's Tower. A deeply nuanced scent with accords of leather and dark, charred spices.
- DRUID'S SALVE + ELVEN WELLSPRING = Archdruid's Salve. Perfect for Dungeon Masters looking to evoke mystic scenes of tranquil glades and natural healing.
- GINGERBREAD LATTE + KOOPA BEACHES = ‘Starbies’ Cafe. Make ours a coconut latte to go, please.
- HYRULIAN FOREST + UNICORN TEARS = Hyrulian Spring. Reminiscent of crisp new blossoms in a high fantasy kingdom.
- WILD GINSENG + UJI GREEN TEA = Herbal Tea. Healing ginseng gives an invigorating twist to our shade-grown sencha infusion.
- SEASALT ICE CREAM + KOOPA BEACHES = Wilson! Being washed up on a distant desert shore never smelled so good. Just watch out for the blue shells.
Whether used for storing small accessories, as desk tidies, or as new homes for mini cacti, a Gametee candle’s usefulness doesn’t end once you’ve finished burning it. Any clean soy wax residue left after burning can be easily removed from the tin using a little warm water and washing up fluid. Our large filled tins especially good for rehoming succulents or keeping sweets fresh and dust free. They're also perfect for housing your polyhedral dice collection.